Friday, June 5, 2009

First roll!

Woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh!


Now that I have that off my chest I should explain what it all means, Stimpy. Well, I achieved my first rolls today with my Mini Super Cub! Not bad for a plane with no ailerons, and I seemed to be able to consistently do it. I also was performing stall turns and a fair amount of loops, with a wee bit of flying inverted to boot. I do have to say though that I can't fly inverted for long as my eyes start telling me strange things and my fingers get all scared when I start thinking about turning while inverted. This is usually followed by immediately getting anxious about the whole thing and yanking back on the elevators.

Oddly enough, there was little or no wind today, unlike yesterday when I managed to snap a wing off during my lunchtime flying break. I've been bitten by this damned bug so bad I want to fly - and usually do - even when it would be really stupid to do so.

No comments:

Post a Comment